I’ve been thinking about what I want to get out of 2013. I want to get things done. I have a good sized list of things I would love to have accomplished by the end of the year. They are things that really should be done sooner rather than later but they are things that don’t affect our daily lives. Because of that, its hard to find the time get them done.
This is my list in no particular order.
- to organize and create a system for each of the kids papers, cards, memorabilia etc.
- scanning to digital my dad’s photos & getting some sort of background info on them
- scanning my mom’s photos and getting background info on them
- interviewing my parents about their lives
- scanning my photos from childhood and predigital camera days
- scanning Jeremy’s photos
- recording mine (and Jeremy’s) history. I am taking Kerri Bradford’s class, The History Project
- scan and organize my grandpa’s photos
- once hard copy of photos are all scanned get them into photo albums
- organize recipes
- redo and USE our family binder
- start couponing again
- create and stick to a budget
- crochet more and try to sell some items
- start digital designing
- keep up on mailing out birthday cards
- create some sort of schedule to better balance my time
- do more projects with the kids
- lose about 60 pounds before my high school reunion in August??
I know this is a long list and I’m sure I could come up with more if I sat here long enough. These are just off the top of my head. I realize I won’t get all of this accomplished in 2013. Especially with baby #3 coming in March. I will try to do as much as I can. My goal is to accomplish 10 items on this list. (I will update the list though out the year) My point in sharing this list is to hold myself accountable. The photos and the history recording are the most time sensitive but I think being with my kids and losing weight are more important.
With all that said, I’m going to start with our family binder and the kids’ stuff.
I can’t actually start losing any weight until after the baby. I’m breastfeeding so hopefully that will help speed things along.
Recording mine and Jeremy’s history is a year long thing. We get weekly prompts from Kerri Bradford’s class, The History Project, to help jog our memories and record it all in a composition notebook.
Scanning all the photos will be a process. I will just take it a little at a time.
Have you ever heard of Ali Edward’s One Little Word? I’ve heard a lot of talk about picking your word for the year. I’ve never done it. After all this thinking about what I want to get done I decided that 2013 was my year to ACCOMPLISH something. With out even trying I picked myself a word for 2013. Although this was unintentional and I have no plans to take her One Little Word class (I have too many unfinished classes as it is), I do intend to keep the word accomplish on my mind. To keep myself motivated you may even see more on the word accomplish in future posts.
What are your goals for 2013?
Thanks for reading,